Sunday 28 November 2010

Wedding bells

For those of you who haven't heard via Twitter - Stuartie and I are engaged as of 1/11/10.


Us

We met on 1st November 2005 through a friend, however we 'offically' became an item on 15th January 2006. I knew when I met him that he was different to other guys I'd been with and was instantly attracted to him.  He's not only my fiancĂ© but my best friend and I love that I can be myself with him <3

The proposal

We went out for dinner and then to the beach were we first went when we met to mark the occasion (we normally do every year), but it was dark and creepy so we decided against getting out of the car. To Stuartie's dismay this meant he had to rethink where to pop the question and apparently I was blissfully unaware of the stress he was going through.
We went to a car park that has amazing views of the beach and lights of the local area  It has picnic tables and Stuartie insisted on getting out and sitting at one of them. He went into his boot and pulled out lanterns, tea lights, 4 vases with aritifical gerbera flowers (my favourite), a flask of hot chocolate, marshmallows and a packet of Hula Hoops.


The lanterns and flowers were displayed over the picnic table - very romantic! He's always very thoughtful and thinks of every detail and how important it can make something so special. After we sat and chatted for awhile...he got up and got down on one knee and asked the question every girl in love wants to hear - "Will you marry me?".

Of course I said YES straight away!

The pictures below shows the view during the day from the carpark and then the picnic table set up with laterns and flowers =) 

I never thought I could love him as much as I do now or be as happy as I have been - but when he proposed I felt different in a really good way...the fact that we have made a commitment to marry and it's now official is very exciting!



The ring 


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment